Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 7x42
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. The prisms of the new binoculars are made from specially formulated SCHOTT glasses with exceptional transmission characteristics. The significantly increased light transmission, particularly in the blue-violet band, ensures not only higher image brightness, but also better color transmission and considerably improved twilight vision.
In addition to a brighter viewing image, the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 binoculars also offer increased contrast performance in all viewing situations, and particularly in unfavorable light. The binoculars feature exceptionally high-quality lenses that reduce flare to an absolute minimum. This guarantees excellent colors and contrast, outstanding image brightness, clarity and optimum resolution of details. Here, innovative AquaDura® coating ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. In terms of handling, the binoculars are ideally matched to their users’ needs and frequent use under even the most extreme viewing conditions. The shock-absorbent armoring protects the binoculars against damage while also providing excellent grip for safe and steady handling.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed