It’s 72 degrees and sunny. You sit in the sun-drenched atrium at the Leica Store Los Angeles at the very heart of the one of the world’s largest photographic capitals. “It’s not very hard to take a beautiful picture of a beautiful person in beautiful light, but how do you make it your own?”, says Mark de Paola. De Paola’s extensive CV is filled with the largest fashion brands in the industry like Gucci, Saint Laurent, Oscar de la Renta, and Vogue, yet his work resonates with intimacy and familiarity with a photojournalistic flair. Work side by side with de Paola for an afternoon of deconstructing your photographic style and equipment down to the bare essentials through in-depth discussion, and the critical elements necessary in capturing a timeless portrait.
Why take this experience?
- Capture the essence of your portraiture subject in through a series of exercises
- Work with a professional model and discover important protocol when working on set in the fashion/beauty industry.
- Work under the guidance and unfiltered perspective from world-renowned photographer Mark de Paola.
- Discover the outer limits of what your equipment has to offer
- Making the best use of available natural light for portraits
- How to “cover” a look when shooting portraiture and fashion work
- Learn how to build a narrative in an otherwise basic environment
- Applying a looseness and an urgency in your photographic storytelling
- How to properly expose for flesh with portraits and beauty
Location: Leica Store Los Angeles, CA
Participants: 1 person
Duration: approx. 3 hours, plus an emailed review of images
Inclusions: All instruction, location, production, and model fees.
Exclusions: Travel to and from L.A, accommodation, and local transportation
Gear Recommendation: Manual focus lenses
Available Dates: Summer 2022