Create your personalized Akademie session
Leica Akademie USA and Joseph Michael Lopez are now offering one on one, bespoke Zoom sessions for 2 hours based on your individual needs and interests. Sessions are available to be scheduled as 2-hour intensives, or alternatively two 1-hour sessions.
Topics will be customized for you and may include but are not limited to your creative growth as a photographer; shooting documentary, fine art or commercial work, personal projects, portfolio reviews technical questions; workflow, archiving and more.
In a private session, Joseph will listen to your questions and concerns and share insights and solutions from his decades of experience to support your photographic growth in a wide range of areas, including:
Some suggested topics are listed below, but feel free to bring up any line of inquiry and discussion.
- Advice on an existing body of work or portfolio.
- Facing yourself in the mirror, and asking, who are you, and what do you want to say.
- Light is the great punctuation of an image: taking advantage of the light available to us.
- Editing, sequencing and developing a cohesive body of work.
- Next steps to move your overall practice and career forward.
What might be accomplished during my 2 hour bespoke session?
Example 1 – Fundamental Practice
- Technical support for Leica M & Q camera systems.
- How to work in public spaces photographing people you don’t know.
- Guidance on carrying out a project and navigating its execution, giving yourself the green light.
Example 2 – Exploring Meaning and Visual Representation:
- Discovering the importance of intention in your own work.
- Strategies for advancing your photography to new levels.
- Guidance on Ethical, Theoretical, Aesthetic issues
Example 3 – Strategies for Editing and Sequencing
- Poetry vs. Storytelling
- Portfolio vs. Book Development
- Long-form Project Management
The above topics are given as broad jumping off points are by no means a dictate. Joseph is interested in hearing about your personal interests and looks forward to putting together a tailored program with you.
What happens after I register?
- Schedule your bespoke session today.
- Joseph will contact you to confirm your session and meeting time.
- The briefing phone call or email will take place to establish what will be covered during your session.
- Your bespoke session will take place.
- Joseph will send a follow up email from the session with any links or notes that may have come up during the session.