Leica CL "100 jahre bauhaus - bauhaus museum dassau"
Following the release of the Leica CL '100 jahre bauhaus' Edition in May, Leica Camera announces a new variation of the Leica CL to further commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus school of art and design in Germany and celebrate the opening of the new bauhaus museum in Dessau.
The set comprises a black Leica CL camera with matching Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens and a black leather carrying strap. The leather covering of the camera and the leather strap are embossed with the Bauhaus word mark. The Leica logo, in keeping with the Bauhaus emphasis on minimalist aesthetics, has been reduced and desaturated to pure black to give the entire camera an all-black look. This edition is strictly limited to 150 sets worldwide and will be sold exclusively through Leica Stores and Boutiques.
Founded in 1919 and operating until 1933, the Bauhaus was famous for its approach to design and the arts. Its philosophy of "form follows function" was influential to the world of art and remains today a keystone of modern design. The "bauhaus" word mark discreetly emblazoned on the camera's front was originally created by Joost Schmidt, one of the famous graphic designers of the Bauhaus and acting director of the photography department from 1928 to 1932. The combination of the subtle bauhaus lettering and black Leica logo with the Leica CL's discreet looks and simplified controls make the set an elegant and iconic piece of German design.
- Only 150 sets worldwide
- World’s most tactile APS-C System Camera
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2.34 MP resolution and 0.74x magnification
- Locking mechanical diopter adjustment
- Fast Auto Focus performance with a 49-point AF system
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000
- Maestro II processor
- Fast touch and gesture responsiveness for optional touchscreen controls
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000
- Electronic shutter speed max. of 1/25,000
- Option for full-time electronic shutter, making the shutter completely noiseless
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps with either mechanical shutter or electronic shutter
- DNG+JPG shooting for up to 33 shots in continuous burst
- Focus peaking and magnification for manual focus aid
- 4K video recording @ 30fps
- 1080p Full-HD video recording @ 30/60fps
- Compact all-metal body with anodized aluminum top and bottom cover
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany