Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 Silver (Made in Portugal)
Leica’s Made-in-Portugal M lenses are designed in Germany and produced in Leica Camera's state-of-the-art facility in Portugal, stringent to the same quality and standards as their German-made equivalents.
Leica Camera is pleased to introduce the Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6, a reincarnation of a classic lens design and the most compact M lens to date. The Summaron-M is modeled after the original screw mount Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens produced at the Leitz factory in Wetzlar from 1955 to 1963. The new Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 is recreated with an M-bayonet mount, 6-bit coding and a slightly revised mechanical design but no changes to the optical design itself. Each lens will be a special order item, made only after an order has been placed.
The Leica Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6 offers the following benefits:
- Optical design similar to the original Summaron 28mm f/5.6 lens
- Most compact M-Lens, with an overall length of about 3/4” (less than 2cm) is unobtrusive and ideal for street photography
- Provides unmistakable imaging signature which otherwise cannot be reproduced by digital means
- Through its combination of large depth of field, natural contrast, excellent rendition of details, and visible vignetting, the Summaron-M gives images a unique character, reminiscent of analog photography
- Combination of a clearly laid out depth of field scale and long focus throw allows precise and easy zone focusing
- Depth of field scale is colored in red
- Assembled by hand from top quality materials and finished in Silver Chrome
- Made in Portugal and delivery scope includes metal lens hood and cap.
- The design and manufacturing process of the metal lens hood has been recreated to match the original Summaron lens. It is first machined from solid brass and then given its ultimate form by a turning and bending process.
AT A GLANCE
- 6-Bit Coded M-Mount Version of the Original 28mm Summaron-M f/5.6
- The Most Copmact M Lens
- Unique Solid Brass Lens Hood
IN THE BOX
- 28mm Summaron-M f/5.6 Lens
- Metal Lens Hood
- Metal Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap M
- Lens Pouch
Lens, lens hood screwed on, cover for lens hood, lens back cover, lens front cover
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a three-year product limited warranty for this LEICA camera valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer, including the accessories contained in the original packaging, which are valid for two years.
Want to hear directly from the mouths of well-known, successful photographers how they managed to capture that perfect, iconic shot? The Leica Akadamie is proud to offer you this opportunity. Gain from the experience and expertise of the top photographers, who are willing and eager to share their experience, tips and know-how through these exciting workshops.