Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 8x42
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. The prisms of the new binoculars are made from specially formulated SCHOTT glasses with exceptional transmission characteristics. The significantly increased light transmission, particularly in the blue-violet band, ensures not only higher image brightness, but also better color transmission and considerably improved twilight vision.
In addition to a brighter viewing image, the Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 binoculars also offer increased contrast performance in all viewing situations, and particularly in unfavorable light. The binoculars feature exceptionally high-quality lenses that reduce flare to an absolute minimum. This guarantees excellent colors and contrast, outstanding image brightness, clarity and optimum resolution of details. Here, innovative AquaDura® coating ensures a crystal-clear view in all weathers and protects the lenses against scratching and abrasion. In terms of handling, the binoculars are ideally matched to their users’ needs and frequent use under even the most extreme viewing conditions. The shock-absorbent armoring protects the binoculars against damage while also providing excellent grip for safe and steady handling.
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before achieved edge to edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field of view
- Light-weight, high strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest rated water/fog proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet
- Rubber armoring for sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics
- High mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed
AT A GLANCE
- Outstanding All-Rounder for Experiencing the Outdoors
- AquaDura Lens Coating
- Waterproof to 5m
Roof prism with phase-correcting coating P40 and HighLux-System HLS™
Objective Lens Diameter:
Angle of View:
7.4 degrees (actual)
389' at 1000 yd / 130 m at 1000 m
Minimum Focus Distance:
3m / 9.8 ft
Exit Pupil Diameter:
Central focusing device
Automatic diopter compensation ADC:
Eyepieces for eyeglass users:
Yes, removable with two 2 click stops
No. of lens elements (each side):
9, all with HDC coating
Watertight to a depth of 5m/16ft
Die-cast magnesium, nitrogen-filled
121x142x67mm / 4 3/4x5 5/8x 2 5/8 in
27.9 oz / 790 g
Binoculars, contour shaped neoprene carrying strap, lens cover, eyepiece cover and Cordura bag
All Leica Sport Optic products bought from an authorized North American dealer since Jan 1, 2021 now feature a fully transferable 10-year Passport Protection Plan plus a 30-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Both aspects of Leica’s commitment to you compromise the following:
- Fully Transferable
- No Warranty Card Required
- No Receipt Required
- No Charge
Please visit our dedicated Warranty Program page for specific rules and conditions.
10 Year Passport Protection Plan
The Leica Passport Protection Plan is completely free and includes a fully transferrable no-questions, no-fault, 10-year accidental damage coverage plan in addition to a 30-year Manufacturer's Warranty. During the first 10-years, Leica will repair or replace any optical binoculars, rangefinder, or spotting scope in the event it is damaged, at no cost to the customer. This is only valid if the unit is purchased within North America, and is sent in to the US repair facility for service.
30 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty:
Moreover, all optical Sport Optics products include a comprehensive 30-year Manufacturer's Warranty, also at no charge. If following the 10-year no-fault coverage plan and a product is determined to have a defect with the optical system, Leica will simply repair or replace it. This excludes impact and water damage. Program valid from the date of purchase from an authorized North American Leica dealer.
Non-optical items such as accessories are warrantied for two years from date of purchase.