Leica Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH. Black Anodized
The First Noctilux Lens
In 1966, the Noctilux 50 f/1.2 astounded expo visitors and the trade press when it debuted with its positively revolutionary optical capabilities. The lens offered a maximum aperture that was enormous by the standards of the time, in conjunction with an exceptional optical performance and visual signature that was unmatched.
This was partly due to the face that the Noctilux was the world's first serially produced lens to feature two aspherical elements, reducing spherical aberrations at maximum aperture and improving rendition quality.
The original Noctilux 50 f/1.2 was produced from 1966 to 1975, and only 1,757 units were ever made. It was one of the first serial production Leica lenses to feature a black finish.
The Groundbreaking Classic Returns - Leica Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH.
Carefully adapted in line with modern lens design, the Leica Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH. marks the return of one of the most famous lenses made for the Leica M-System.
It's light sensitivity further contributed to the Noctilux's legendary status and continued lineage - as did its unique aesthetic: images captured at open aperture are imbued with a soft, almost dreamlike quality - creating an unmistakable look with an exquisite bokeh.
To re-issue this iconic lens, the original calculation and construction were only minimally changed, and carefully adapted to the glass types and production methods available today.
The lens comes in packaging inspired by the original box, and is complemented by the same lens container that was provided with the original Noctilux 50 f/1.2 for safe keeping.
- Contemporary designed reinterpretation of one of the most mythical lenses for the M-System.
- Similar optical design as the original Noctilux lens. Unique image quality with a vintage feel from the original lens.
- Even though the lens has a unique look with wide open aperture, this lens is in general a very usable lens for everyday shooting.
- The lens will come in a classically inspired transparent lens container, just like the original version.
AT A GLANCE
- Unmistakable Rendering and Bokeh
- High-Speed Maximum Aperture of f/1.2
- A Reissue of an Iconic Leica Lens Adapted to Modern Glass Types and Production Methods
IN THE BOX
- 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.2 ASPH Lens
- E49 Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap M
- Detachable Metal Lens Hood & Cap
- Transparent Lens Container True to the Original
Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical):
45.6°/38.6°/26.3° (for 35mm format)
Number of lenses/groups:
6 / 4
Number of aspherical surfaces:
1m to infinity
Position of the entrance pupil before the bayonet:
Combined meter/feet graduation
Smallest object field:
425 x 637mm (for 35mm format)
Largest reproduction ratio:
With click-stops, half values available, manual diaphragm
Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6 bit lens identification bar code for digital M models
Click-on, metal (included in the scope of delivery
Black anodized, aluminum construction
Scope of Delivery:
Lens, metal front cap (black), metal rear cap (black), metal clip-on lens hood (black), lens container, instructions
Dimension and weight
approx. 52/79mm (without/with lens hood)
approx. 61mm (without lens hood)
Leica Noctilux-M 50 f/1.2 ASPH., lens front cap, lens hood, lens rear cap, lens container, instructions
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a three-year product warranty for this LEICA product, including the accessories contained in the original packaging, valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer.