Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4
Leica looks back on more than 150 years of experience in optical design. Since then, numerous legendary lenses have been introduced, setting photographicstandards and redefining what istechnically possible.
Oneof these iconic lensesreturns today: The Leica Summilux-M 35 f/1.4.
The Leica Summilux-M 35 f/1.4. was the world’s fastest wide-angle lens in 1961, distinguished by its compactness while also being extremely light, weighing only 7.05 ounces. Furthermore, this lens provided new creative opportunities with its unique image rendering.
Photographing with a wide-open aperture creates pictures with an especially soft, almost magical bokeh. Its extraordinary rendering earned the Summilux-M 35 f/1.4 the title of “True King of Bokeh”. Photographing at maximum aperture in backlit conditions creates intended lens flares that can be used for specific artistic effects. When stopping down past f/2.8, it produces very sharp and particularly distortion-free pictures which meet modern requirements for image quality.
The new edition is made in the original vintage design and with the identical optical calculation of the first Summilux-M 35 f/1.4. Additionally, the stainless-steel front ring known as “Steel Rim”, the lockable focus ring and the black attachable lens hood are also modelled after the original. What is new, however, is the second round lens hood with E46 thread which enables the use of filters,alsoincluded withthis lens.
- Original Optical & Product Design withModern Production Processes
- Stainless Steel Front Ring
- Focus Lock on Focus Ring
- Ultra Compact and Fast Wide-Angle Lens
- True “King of Bokeh” with Iconic Lens Rendering
- Made in Germany
- Lens:Leica Summilux-M 35 f/1.4
- View angle (diagonal/horizontal/vertical)
- Full-frame (24 x 36 mm):62.5°, 53.6°, 37.2°
- For M8 (18 x 27 mm):49.0°, 41.5°, 28.3°; equivalent focal length approx. 47.5 mm
- Lens system
- Number of lenses/assemblies:7/5
- Position of the entrance pupil before the bayonet:21.2mm
- Focus range:1m to infinity
- Scale:Combined scale meter (m)/foot (ft)
- Smallet object field:Full-frame: 631 x 947 mm, M8: 473 x 710 mm
- Largest scale:1:26.3
- Setting/Function:Lock blade, with half-increment lock settings
- Smallest aperture:16
- Number of aperture blades:10
- Bayonet:Leica M bayonet with 6-bit encoding
- Filter thread:46
- Lens hood:Included in the scope of delivery: 1x click-on (rectangular) and 1x screw-on E46 (round)
- Length:Approx. 35 mm/57 mm/52 mm (without lens hood/with rectangular lens hood/with round lens hood)
- Diamter:Approx. 66.5 mm (without lens hood)
- Weight:Approx. 200 g/221 g/214 g (without lens hood/with rectangular lens hood/with round lens hood)
Lens, lens front cap, original lens hood, round lens hood (E46), lens rear cap
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a three-year product limited warranty for this LEICA camera valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer, including the accessories contained in the original packaging, which are valid for two years.
Want to hear directly from the mouths of well-known, successful photographers how they managed to capture that perfect, iconic shot? The Leica Akadamie is proud to offer you this opportunity. Gain from the experience and expertise of the top photographers, who are willing and eager to share their experience, tips and know-how through these exciting workshops.