Leica ZM 2 Monochrom
The Story Behind the Leica Watch
In May 2012, the world's only camera with a dedicated black-and-white sensor was introduced – the Leica M Monochrom. That camera became the embodiment of our minimalistic brand culture: an excellent, needs-oriented tool completely dedicated to black-and-white photography. It’s a camera unlike any other that focuses on the most fundamental photographic principle: the composition of images based solely on light and shadow.
The new Leica Watch Monochrom Edition continues the Leica Monochrom story, honoring the most fundamental principles of black and white photography: contrast and light. The distinctive design of the Leica ZM Monochrom Edition removes all color and silver tones, with the exception of the red dot, achieving a truly minimalist aesthetic, revealing depth within simplicity and creating a harmony between two of Leica's outstanding products.
The Leica ZM 1 Monochrom & Leica ZM 2 Monochrom is exclusively sold at Leica Reatail Stores.
- Leica’s hand-winding movement (same movement as stainless-steel version) with
patented push-crown with seconds reset for easy time-setting
- 41 mm case with special black PVD coated finishing (“Physical Vapor Deposition”
providing specific scratch resistance requirements), satin surfaces with polished,
beveled edges, coated pusher, crown
- New dial design with glossy black logo print and white minute indication
- Black rhodium-plated and diamond-polished indices, watch hands, and small second
decor ring, with a black lacquered second hand
- Strap made from thick black calf leather, identical in texture to M11 Monochrom. Cutedge
construction with hand stitching and black PVD-coated pin buckle
- Made in Germany
AT A GLANCE
- 41mm Stainless Steel Case
- In-house Manual Winding Movement
- GMT Complication with Day/Night Indicator
- 28,800 A/h with 60-Hour Power Reserve
- Made in Germany
Leica caliber ZM 1 and ZM 2, hand-winding
28.800 A/h, 4 Hz
Hours, minutes and small second display
1) Push-crown; 2) mode indicator; 3) date display; 4) quick date setting; 5) power reserve indicator; Leica ZM 2 Monochrom only: 6) second time zone (GMT) function; 7) day/night indicator.
Patented push-crown to enter the time setting mode, with seconds reset function and setting mode indication. Power reserve indicator with 2 gradually closing blades. Quick date setting with pusher. Leica ZM 2 Monochrom only: GMT inner ring with hour alignment and synchronised day and night display display
Stainless steel (316L) with black PVD coating Total height 14.5 mm, total length 48 mm All satin surfaces with polished, bevelled edges
50 m | 5 ATM (ISO 2281 standard)
Domed sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective coating on both sides, scratch-resistant coating, screw-mounted bezel
Case bottom glass
Flat sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective coating on both sides, scratch-resistant coating, screw-mounted
Dial and hands
Dial in high-strength aluminum, milled from the full; with black rhodium-plated and diamond- polished indices, watch hands and small second decor ring, with a black lacquered second hand
Black calf leather with Monochrom embossing, cut-edge construction with ton-sur-ton stitching, black latch stitching, and black Alcantara backlining
Leica tang buckle, stainless steel (316L) with black PVD coating, polished and brushed finishing, with LEICA logo engraving
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a two-year product warranty for this LEICA product, including the accessories contained in the original packaging, valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer.