Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH.
The Leica SL lenses are full-frame AF lenses designed for professional needs. With the highest image performance at every aperture and distance, the new Leica SL Auto-focus is the fastest AF available for full-frame system cameras. The SL lenses are silent and offer precise AF. All SL lenses have an AquaDura hydrophobic coating on the outer lens elements. The lenses are sealed to protect from dust and water.
The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 1: 2,8-4 / 24-90 mm ASPH. has a large focal length spread and high light intensity. The near distance of 0.3 m in the wide angle position and the maximum magnification of 1: 3.8 in the telephoto position allow fascinating perspectives. The optical image stabilization allows an extension of the exposure times by up to 3.5 f-stops. Among the total of 18 lenses, which are divided into six movable assemblies, are four aspherical lenses and eleven lenses made of glasses with anomalous partial dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations. A single, very light single lens is moved to focus. With the help of the specially developed motor concept, consisting of a stepper motor and a linear guide, it is thus possible to focus very quickly, quietly and precisely. The length of the lens does not change. The supplied lens hood effectively suppresses disturbing reflections and stray light due to its rectangular shape.
- Ideal standard varifocal lens
- high imaging performance from infinity to near range
- optical image stabilizer
- Creative use of sharpness and blur for the plastic detachment of motif details
- Fast and quiet focusing
- Seal against dust and spray water
- Leica Aqua-Dura ® coating effectively protects the outer glass surfaces from dirt and scratches
- Elaborate coating of all lens surfaces effectively minimizes reflexes and stray light
- L-mount bayonet