Leica Summilux-SL 50mm f/1.4 ASPH.
The Leica Summilux-SL 50mm f/1.4 ASPH is the first SL prime lens in the Leica portfolio. This autofocus lens delivers outstanding optical performance and sets the next generation benchmark from the leaders in optical technology. Its large maximum aperture makes the high-performance lens the ideal partner in situations with challenging lighting conditions and enables the use of shallow depth of focus as a creative tool.
Particularly when shooting at maximum aperture, the combination of its resolving power and soft bokeh in unsharp areas clearly isolates subjects from their surroundings. Thanks to uniform contrast rendition throughout the focusing range, this applies at all distance settings. With its internal focusing design, the overall length of the lens remains unchanged when focusing. This lens does not compromise on any aspect of optical performance.
The Leica Summilux-SL 50mm f/1.4 ASPH optical design contains a total of 11 elements, of which two are aspherical elements and four are made from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Powerful high-performance lens
- Creative use of sharpness and blurring
- Fast and quiet focusing
- Sealed against dust and splashes of water
- Leica Aqua-Dura coating effectively protects the outer glass surfaces from dirt and scratches
- Elaborate coating of all lens surfaces effectively minimizes reflections and stray light
- L-mount bayonet
AT A GLANCE
- Fastest Native Prime Lens for SL System
- Creamy Bokeh and Exceptional Subject Separation
- Weather Sealed All-Metal Housing
IN THE BOX
- 50mm Summilux-SL f/1.4 ASPH Lens
- E82 Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap L
- Lens Hood
- Lens Bag
- Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical):47.9°/40.5°/27.7°
- Optical design
- Number of lenses/groups:11/9
- Aspherical surfaces:2
- Position of entrance pupil:76.8 mm
- Working range:0.6 m to infinity
- Distance setting:241 × 362 mm
- Largest reproduction ratio:1:10
- Aperture:Electronically controlled aperture, set using turn/push wheel on camera, including half values
- Aperture setting range:1.4-22
- Bayonet/sensor format:Leica L bayonet, full-frame 35 mm format
- Filter mount:E82
- Finish:Black anodized
- Dimensions and weight: Length to bayonet mount:124 mm
- Largest diameter approx:88 mm
- Weight approx:1.065 g
Lens, lens hood, lens rear cover SL, lens cover E82
Leica Camera AG (‘LEICA’) provides a two-year product limited warranty for this LEICA camera valid from the date of purchase from an authorized LEICA dealer, including the accessories contained in the original packaging, which are valid for two years.